The Belgian Vacuum Society BELVAC offers each year traveling grants for young researchers either PhD students or post doc’s (max. age 30 years) active in scientific domains related to vacuum and its applications.
Criteria and rules
- The traveling grants amount to a maximum of 500 (five hundred) € per grant. The number of grants will be limited to two per year per affiliation.
- The deadlines for application is one month prior to the start date of the conference or workshop the application wants to join.
- 3.1. The applicants must attend a conference or a workshop as presenters, either oral or by poster.
- 3.2. The applicants must complete the required form : Application form for a BELVAC travelling grant.
- 3.3. The applicants should send the accepted abstract (with proof of acceptation) and the completed form (see 3.2) to Sabine Bouchez by e-mail (Sabine.email@example.com). The abstracts of the non-selected candidates will be treated confidentially and will not be disclosed nor published by BELVAC.
- 3.4. The selected applicants should prepare an (3-4 pages) paper, covering their contribution and ready for publication in BELVAC NEWS, the journal of the Belgian Vacuum Society.
- 3.5. The selected candidates should acknowledge the financial support of BELVAC in their presentation or on their poster. The recipients of the “Benelux Process” travel grant should acknowledge the company “Benelux Process” in their presentation or on their poster.
- Selection: The selection committee consists of the president and the vice-president/secretary. In case of a conflict of interest, the members of the selection committee will be replaced by other board members.
- Reimbursement: The selected candidates will receive the grant within 2 weeks after the ending of the conference or workshop upon:
- 5.1. Submission of a true cost statement.
- 5.2. Reception by the editorial board of the paper (cfr. 3.4).
- 5.3. The candidate and his scientific promoter must both be a member or subscribe as a member of BELVAC. In case of new subscriptions, the subscription form and the memberships fee should be settled prior to any possible reimbursement.